Tomah Police Department Forms

To complete a form, please open the document and print a copy using your home printer. Complete the form by using black or blue ink and return to the Tomah Police Department at:

805 Superior Avenue
Tomah, WI  54660

Written Statement Forms
- Written Statement & Lack of Consent Form (Printable) -
(Open the form and print it. Complete the form and scan and e-mail the statement or fax the statement back to the reporting Officer)

- Written Statement & Lack of Consent Form (Fill In On-Line) -
(Click on the Fill-In On-Line form link. Save the form to your desktop. Open the form from your desktop using a PDF reader. Complete the form and re-save/over-write it to your desktop. E-Mail the completed form as an attachment from your desktop back to the reporting Officer. You can also print the typed form and mail in or drop off at the Police Department. Thank you.)

Crime Victim Forms
- Victim Notification of Rights -

- DVA Victim Notification of Rights -

- DVA 72 Hour No Contact -

Open Records Request Form
- Public Records Request -

** Public Records Request Form **
You may obtain an accident report or other police reports by requesting in writing or in person during normal business hours, and completing a records request form.  The person requesting the report, will need to complete the open records request, which is available on the website under forms or at the Tomah Police Department.  There is a $5.00 prepayment fee that is required at the time the request is submitted for incident and accident reports.  Videos are $20.00 and photographs are $10.00. Prepayment is required, unless the subject is the victim of the crime. Records are not sent out until payment is received.  Further, when a subject submits a Public Record Request, it may take up to 5 BUSINESS days to process the request.  Requested information is then mailed to the address supplied on the records request form.

Thanks in advance!

Tomah Area Business Contact Forms
- Tomah Business Contact Information (Printable) - 
** To be completed by businesses regarding after hour contact information **

- Tomah Business Contact Information (Fill in On-Line) - 
** To be completed by businesses regarding after hour contact information **

City of Tomah
Code Enforcement Officer

Corliss Tischer

Work Desk: 608-374-7506
Work Cell: 608-344-3406

Contact Code Enforcement Officer Tischer or complete the form to the right with any ordinance violations or nuisances that are occurring within the City. Violations include junk vehicles, outdoor signs, outdoor junk, parking on the front lawn, snow not cleared from sidewalk, building maintenance, etc.

Tomah On-Line Ordinances

Ordinance of the Month
August 2017

Ordinance 10-6 Building Numbers
Have you ever thought about the importance of having your building or house number ( also known as property address numbers) displayed on the front of your house?   Are you even aware if your building or house number is currently displayed on your building or house?  The difference of having or not having your building number displayed could impact your health, safety and welfare.
Chapter 10 of the City of Tomah Code of Ordinances address the need and requirements for having and displaying assigned building and house numbers. The purpose of the assigned building and house numbers is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the persons and property.  If you have a medical emergency, a fire, or in need police assistance the fastest way to find or identifying your house is by the numbers that are displayed on your house or building.  If your building is not identifiable precious time is wasted and the response time is longer, which could have an impact on your wellbeing.
So make sure that your house or building has its assigned building number displayed on the front of your building by using 4 inch numbers or larger of a contracting color and reflective numbers work well at night.
The purpose of this chapter is to protect the health, safety and welfare of persons and property by plan review and inspection process so that the minimum standards for design, construction, structural strength, quality of material, adequate egress facilities, sanitary facilities, natural light and fire safety are adhered to.

Sec. 10-6. - Building numbers.   
(a) Generally. All buildings in the city shall be assigned a building number by the public works department. The assigned number shall be displayed on the front of the building. The assigned number shall be displayed in contrasting colors. The number shall be four inches or larger.
(b) Commercial buildings. Any commercial building with a public entrance fronting an alley shall display the building number at that location. The number shall be four inches or larger.

Honorable Judge Flock

Tomah Municipal Court
819 Superior Avenue
(second floor)
Tomah, WI  54660
Phone: (608) 374-7425

** Please remember, no weapons are allowed in the Courtroom **

Upcoming Tomah Municipal Holiday Court Calendar:

< Nothing to Report >

Tomah Municipal Court
Municipal Court is held at the City Hall at 819 Superior Avenue. All traffic and adult initial court appearances in Tomah Municipal Court will begin at 3:00 PM. Juvenile related offenses (other than traffic) will begin at 3:30 PM. Trials will still continue to be held at 2:00 PM on the last Wednesday of each month. If you were issued a citation, your citation will either be marked "appearance required" or "appearance NOT required". If your citation is marked "appearance NOT required", you do not have to attend court, however you must either pay the fine prior to the court date or notify the court you wish to plead not guilty and have a trial date set. If you fail to pay or appear you will be found guilty by default, and a warrant will be issued and/or your license to drive will be suspended.

Any questions about the Municipal Court should be directed to the Clerk of Courts at (608) 374-7425.


By Mail:
Tomah Municipal Court
819 Superior Ave
Tomah, WI 54660
In Person:
Tomah Municipal Court
819 Superior Ave
Tomah, WI 54660

Drop Box:
After hour payments can be made in the drop box in front of the building.

Credit Card:
MasterCard or Visa payments are also accepted in person.  By internet through the Gov Pay Net website at , or by phoning 1-866-370-9574, you will need your citation number or case number, bond amount and payment location code for Tomah Municipal Court of 5008. ( PLC: 5008 for Muni Court Fines and Payments )

If you have an outstanding fine(s) owed to the Municipal Court, you could be subject to suspension of your driver's license.  In addition, the court does issue ARREST WARRANTS for outstanding fines. The City also has the authority to have past due amounts withheld from any State Tax refund check that you may having coming to you.  Please contact the Court Office today to make payment arrangements.

Contact the Clerk of Courts, Janice Nicholson , at the above phone number for additional questions or concerns.
"Move Over" For Stopped Emergency Vehicles
Drivers must provide a safety zone for stopped law  enforcement, emergency and maintenance vehicles.

To help safeguard law enforcement officers, emergency responders, road maintenance workers, and others who work on the side of highways, Wisconsin has a "Move Over Law."

The law requires drivers to shift lanes or slow down in order to provide a "safety zone" for a squad car, ambulance, fire truck,  tow truck, utility vehicle, or highway maintenance vehicle that is stopped on the side of a road with its warning lights flashing.

Drivers have two options for creating a safety zone:
- If the road has more than one directional lane, like the Interstate, and you can switch lanes safely, you must move over to vacate the lane closest to the law enforcement or other vehicle with its lights flashing.
- If the road has a single directional lane or you can't safely move over, you must reduce your speed.

​Failure of motorists to move over is one of the reasons that motor vehicle crashes kill more law enforcement officers on duty than any other cause.
Wisconsin Crime Alert Network
03-13-12: The Tomah Police Department has recently joined the Wisconsin Crime Alert Network. Information from law enforcement will come right to your email, cell phone text, or fax machine, in real time when you need it most. The Wisconsin Crime Alert Network is used for: Crime Prevention, Finding Stolen Property, Identifying Suspects, Locating Missing Persons, Notifying public about Police Action. All Alerts are TIMELY, RELEVANT, and ACTIONABLE for the recipient. If you are interested in joining, or for more information, please visit the link below for more details.